Tooth decay, the silent health epidemic in young children
In a new study commissioned by the Early Childhood Investment Corporation, researchers for the University of Michigan looked at the oral health concerns of young children across the state and made some startling findings.
For example: Though the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends an initial dental visit occur before a child’s first birthday, few parents are aware of the protocol and few dentists practice it.
Read more about this significant health development for young children, 0-5, in the new Great Starts Here “Oral Health Issue” by clicking on the icon below.
Oral Health Badges: Download an image and share it on Facebook, Twitter -or- Pin this page to share these resource with your followers.
Read this Social Media Guide for more information.
Find more information at:
- The Michigan Oral Health Coalition
- The Michigan Dental Association, Find a Dentist
- The Michigan Department of Community Health, Oral Health Directory
- Insure Kids Now, Insure Kids Now
- Michigan Department of Community Health, Oral Health Program, Brushing Up on Oral Health quarterly newsletter
- Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Brush Up on Healthy Teeth
- Points of Light, Parent Resources